The annual benefit shoot hosted by the Scholastic Clay Target Program team, the Hunting Hills Hawkeyes Association, was held April 27 at the team training facility and sponsor, Hunting Hills Shooting Preserve, in Dilliner.
A total of 175 participants, 40 of which were Hawkeyes, took part in the fundraiser. Those participating in the 100-clay target shoot could compete individually as well as in teams of four. Awards were presented for youths, females, males and teams.
The following awards were presented:
- High Overall Female: Tiff Bland
- High Overall Male: Matt Friend
- High Overall Youth Female: Kyleigh Kozel
- High Overall Male: Tristan Cole
- Rookie High Overall: Sammy Riley
- Rookie Runner-up: Brendan Cole
- Intermediate Entry High Overall: Emmitt Whipkey
- Intermediate Entry Runner-up: Wyatt Mooney
- Intermediate Advanced High Overall: Robby Dillon
- Intermediate Advanced Runner-up: Ivan Pavick
- Junior Varsity High Overall: Brandon Barkey
- Junior Varsity Runner-up: Derreck Tennant
- Senior Varsity High Overall: Tristan Cole
- Senior Varsity Runner-up: Cameron Cernuska
- High Overall Team: Ray Stewart, Doug Coffield, Dave Cole, Tristan Cole
- Runner-up Team: Joe Wallgora, Doug Hinerman, Nathan Hinerman, Bryce Bedillion
The benefit shoot was organized by the Hawkeyes’ Board and Committee Members, coaches and parents.
The Hunting Hills Hawkeyes Scholastic Clay Target Program Team will travel to Lawrence County Sportsmen’s Club in Wampum June 15 to compete in the Pennsylvania SCTP State Sporting Clays Championship. This event involves youth shooters from across the state competing in a 100-clay target shoot to determine state winners in six skill divisions. This event is a precursor to the National competition at Cardinal Shooting Center in Marengo, Ohio, in July.