Logan Kulikowski drove in 2 runs in a 3-run sixth to help send Frazier to a 4-3 victory over Chartiers-Houston in a Section 1-AA game Thursday afternoon.
The game ended when Chartiers-Houston hit into a double play with the bases loaded in the seventh. The Bucs flew out and the runner on third was called out for not tagging up on the play.
Jacob Olbrys drove in a run, and Mason Kelly, Josh Skotnicki and Timmy Sedock each had two hits for Frazier (2-5, 3-6).
Jimmy Sadler, Josh Colletti, Matt Whitfield and Cam Hanley each had two hits for the Bucs (5-4, 6-5). Colletti, Hanley and Austin Kuslock each had an RBI in a 3-run sixth.
Both teams left 8 players on base.
• Seth Arnold doubled and drove in 3 runs and Burgettstown scored in all but one inning in 9-4 victory over Beth-Center in Section 1-AA.
Winning pitcher Scott Ferris had 2 doubles for the Blue Devils (4-5, 5-6).
Dylan Dingle went 4-for-4 with a double and 3 RBI for Beth-Center (3-4, 4-5).
• Tyler Bedillion pitched a complete-game shutout as South Fayette defeated Class 4A Section 2 opponent Central Valley, 9-0.
Bedillion was efficient on the mound, only needing 94 pitches (67 strikes) for the victory. He stuck out five and scattered six hits.
South Fayette (7-2, 8-4) was able to build Bedillion a 3-0 lead in the first inning when Christian Gabriel hit a two-run homer for the Lions.
Mitch Dunay went 3-for-5 with three RBI to lead South Fayette, which has won six of its last seven games.
Central Valley continues to slide in the section standings after its fifth straight loss, falling to 4-5 in the section and 6-5 overall.
• Monessen starting pitchers Nick Baker and Cam Frolo put together a pair of solid outings as they only combined to allow two hits as the Greyhounds won both games of a Section 2-A doubleheader against Geibel Catholic, 11-0 and 12-2.
Baker pitched all five innings in Game 1, striking out nine batters and allowing just one hit and one walk. He also had a pair of hits, including a double, and three RBI.
Frolo had eight strikeouts in 4 1/3 innings in Game 2, surrendering only one hit and walking three batters.
Antonio Rhome, Nate Lynch, Baker and Frolo each had two hits for Monessen (5-3, 6-4).
Geibel falls to 0-8 in the section and 0-9 overall.
• Four players had a pair of hits as Bethel Park won its fifth straight game, defeating Peters Township, 9-1, in a Class 6A Section 3 contest.
Justin Meis, Sean McGowan, Korey Patterson and Kevin Kogler led the offensive outburst from the Black Hawks. Meis earned the victory on the mound for Bethel Park (7-1, 8-3), scattering seven hits and striking out four over six innings.
The top three hitters for Peters Township (4-5, 7-8), Kyle Comini, Dax Ploskina and Luke Mary, combined to go 6-for-10, but the Indians failed to get any production from the rest of their lineup.
• Zach Pettit hit a pair of doubles, Devon Jameson had nine strikeouts and West Greene used a four-run fourth inning to defeat Mapletown, 8-3, in a Section 2-A game.
The Pioneers added another three runs in the sixth inning to build a seven-run cushion, 8-1, too much for Mapletown (2-5, 2-7).
Ethan Carter had a double for the Maples, who didn’t help starting pitcher Brian Bogden by committing three errors. Bogden gave up eight runs but only three of those were earned.
Jameson went six strong innings on the mound for West Greene (3-4, 3-4), scattering five hits and giving up two runs (one earned). He also recorded nine strikeouts.
• Kyle Jones hit two doubles to lead Mt. Pleasant to a 14-6 victory over Washington in a Class 3A Section 3 game.
Jordan Swart hit a double and drove in three runs for Washington (3-5, 4-8).
Mt. Pleasant (6-2, 6-3) capitalized on six errors committed by the Prexies.