Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- Canton Township senior needs caregiver relief. She is caring for her husband, who has dementia.
- Canonsburg woman needs help with rides to and from dialysis in Southpointe three times a week. If you can help one day of the three, it would make a difference.
- Canonsburg senior woman needs help with moving furniture in her apartment to downsize.
- Claysville senior woman needs weekly help with laundry.
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to help with a grandmother who has early Alzheimer’s.
- Elco visually-impaired man needs help with laundry and house cleaning.
- New Eagle senior man who is weak from cancer treatments needs help with grocery shopping and laundry.
- Washington senior man needs friendly visits and help with paperwork.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.