TRPIL has seniors and individuals with disabilities who need a helping hand to remain independent in their own homes or apartments. Your time through Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, can make a huge impact. Some recent requests are:
- Finleyville senior woman needs rides to the grocery store and assistance with light cleaning.
- Monongahela senior woman needs rides to the grocery store and bank.
- Two volunteers with a truck/SUV are needed to transport food monthly to seniors in Canonsburg. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Meadow Lands 91-year old needs rides to her appointments in Washington area.
- Washington senior man needs help with some chores, including assisting with bill-paying and check-writing.
- McMurray woman needs caregiver relief. She cares for her mother, who is in early stage of Alzheimer’s, 24/7. If you could visit with the grandmother to give her daughter a much needed weekly break, you would make a great difference.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.