Did you know that you could volunteer your time and improve the quality of a person’s life? There are seniors and individuals with disabilities who need a helping hand to remain independent in their own homes or apartments. Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist them. Some recent requests are:
- Washington senior female veteran needs rides to her local doctors and shopping at various times.
- Washington senior gentleman needs help with some chores, including assisting with bill-paying.
- Strabane-area senior woman needs help with grocery shopping and laundry.
- McMurray grandmother with early Alzheimers lives with her daughter who needs caregiver relief a few hours per week.
- Cherry Valley/McDonald-area senior woman needs friendly visits. She would like someone to read the Bible to her weekly as her vision is not good.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.