Volunteer several hours per week or per month, and you can greatly help someone’s quality of life. Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- Strabane senior needs help with grocery shopping and/or laundry.
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to visit with a grandmother with early Alzheimer’s.
- Cherry Valley/McDonald-area senior needs friendly visits and someone to read the Bible to her weekly, as it is difficult for her to see.
- Daisytown senior needs help hooking up a new water tank and making sure electric box is correct. Electrician skills would be needed.
- Washington-area senior woman needs caregiver relief a few hours per week.
- Elco visually-impaired man needs help with laundry and house cleaning.
- Washington area senior veteran would like help with light housekeeping and yard work.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.