Volunteer several hours per week or per month can greatly help someone’s quality of life. Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- Canonsburg senior would like friendly visitors at least once a week as she is lonely.
- nton Township, Washington-area senior needs caregiver relief a few hours per week as she is home with her husband 24/7 due to his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Daisytown senior couple needs help with rides to various places in the county. A ride is needed for a 2:30 p.m. Sept. 24 doctor appointment in Washington.
- McMurray senior would like daily reassurance calls to check on her.
- Strabane senior needs help with grocery shopping and laundry as she cannot do it herself anymore.
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to visit with a grandmother who has early Alzheimer’s. She enjoys talking and shopping. Her daughter is caring for her and her own family 24/7 and needs an ocassional break.
- Elco visually-impaired man needs help with laundry and house cleaning.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.