Did you know that a few hours of your time shopping, visiting or driving someone to a local appointment could improve the quality of that person’s life? TRPIL has seniors and individuals with disabilities who need a helping hand to remain independent in their own homes or apartments. Your time through Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, can make a huge impact. Some recent requests are:
- Monongahela senior woman needs rides to the grocery store and bank.
- Two volunteers with a truck/SUV are needed to transport food monthly to seniors in Canonsburg. Volunteers need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Canonsburg-area senior woman needs someone to get her groceries and assist with laundry.
- Meadow Lands 91-year old needs rides to her appointments in the Washington area.
- Washington senior gentleman needs help with some chores, including assisting with bill-paying and check-writing.
- McMurray woman needs caregiver relief. She cares for her mother, who is in early stage of Alzheimer’s, every day.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.