Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to visit with a grandmother with early Alzheimer’s. She can carry on conversations and participate in activities.
- Canton Township senior needs caregiver relief a few hours per week. She is caring for her husband, who has dementia, 24/7.
- Claysville senior woman needs weekly help with laundry.
- Washington senior woman needs someone to do her grocery shopping.
- Washington senior woman needs friendly visits and reassurance calls.
- Washington senior man needs friendly visits and help with his paperwork and bill paying.
- Elco visually-impaired man needs help with laundry and house cleaning.
- ew Eagle senior man who is undergoing cancer treatments needs help with grocery shopping and laundry.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.