Did you know that a few hours of your time shopping, visiting or driving someone to a local appointment could improve the quality of that person’s life? TRPIL has seniors and individuals with disabilities who need a helping hand to remain independent in their own homes or apartments. Your time through Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, can make a huge impact. Some recent requests are:
- Meadow Lands 91-year-old needs rides to her appointments in Washington area.
- Canonsburg woman needs one-time help with heavy-duty cleaning – scrubbing rugs and walls.
- Washington senior veteran needs rides to her local doctors and shopping at various times. Flexible, as-needed requests.
- Washington senior man needs help with some chores, including assisting with bill-paying and check-writing.
- Strabane/Canonsburg-area senior woman needs someone to get her groceries and assist with laundry.
- McMurray woman needs caregiver relief. She cares for her mother 24/7 who is in early stage of Alzheimer’s. If you could visit with the grandmother to give her daughter a much-needed weekly break, you would make a great difference.
- McDonald-area senior woman needs friendly visits and someone to read the Bible to her as her vision is getting worse.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.