Did you know that a few hours of your time shopping, visiting or driving someone to a local appointment could improve the quality of that person’s life? TRPIL has seniors and individuals with disabilities who need a helping hand to remain independent in their own homes or apartments. Your time through Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, can make a huge impact. Some recent requests are:
- Two volunteers able to lift up to 50 pounds with a truck/SUV are needed to transport food monthly to seniors in Canonsburg.
- Meadow Lands 91-year old needs rides to her appointments in Washington area.
- Washington senior gentleman needs help with some chores, including assisting with bill-paying and check-writing.
- Finleyville senior woman needs rides to the grocery store and assistance with light cleaning.
- McMurray visually impaired man needs rides to and from Washington to get to work.
- Monongahela senior woman needs rides to the grocery store and bank.
- McMurray woman needs caregiver relief. She cares for her mother 24/7 who is in early stage of Alzheimer’s. If you could visit with the grandmother to give her daughter a much-needed weekly break, you would make a great difference.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.