Volunteer several hours per week or per month, and you can greatly help someone’s quality of life. Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- Cherry Valley/McDonald area senior who is losing her vision needs friendly visits and someone to read to her.
- Daisytown senior needs help with hooking up a new water tank and making sure electric box is correct. Electrician skills would be needed.
- Elco visually-impaired man needs help with laundry and house-cleaning.
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to visit with their grandmother, who has early Alzheimer’s.
- Strabane senior needs help with grocery shopping and laundry.
- Washington-area senior veteran would like help with light housekeeping and yard work.
- Washington senior woman needs rides for shopping and appointments in the area.
- Washington-area senior woman needs caregiver relief a few hours per week.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.