By volunteering two or three hours per week or per month, you can greatly help someone’s quality of life. Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- One time project: A Washington senior needs help installing a used dishwasher.
- Cecil Township senior needs friendly visits. She is in early stages of dementia and family is planning for her care.
- Strabane senior needs help with grocery shopping and laundry.
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to visit with a grandmother with early Alzheimer’s. She enjoys talking and shopping.
- Canton Township senior needs caregiver relief a few hours per week as she is currently caring for her husband 24/7.
- Claysville senior woman needs weekly help with laundry.
- Elco visually impaired man needs help with laundry and house cleaning.
- New Eagle senior man needs help with grocery shopping and laundry. He is weak from cancer treatments.
Call Faith in Action to get involved at 724-223-5115 ext. 1203. Volunteers are trained and screened prior to placement.