Pitt RB Shell to transfer
PITTSBURGH – Pittsburgh freshman running back Rushel Shell is transferring.
Coach Paul Chryst released a statement early Tuesday saying the team’s second-leading rusher a year ago will not be back for the 2013 season. Shell took a leave of absence from the Panthers last week, and after a few days consulting with his family decided to continue his college career elsewhere.
The 19-year-old rushed for 641 yards and four touchdowns last season while sharing the workload with senior Ray Graham. Shell was expected to be the primary back for the Panthers next season when they join the ACC.
Shell signed with Pitt in 2012 following a record-setting career at Hopewell High School, where he set a state record with 9,078 career yards rushing.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter