Baseball: Shutout pushes Peters Township to 5-0
Four Peters Township pitchers combined on a three-hit shutout as the Indians defeated Strothers (Ohio) 7-0 Saturday in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Winning pitcher Max Augenstein, starter Chris Wastchak and relievers Brian Black and Phil Mary pitched the Indians (5-0) to the win and were supported by two big innings.
PT scored three runs in the third, two crossing home plate on Adam Baker’s single. Baker went 2-for-4 with three RBI.
The Indians tacked on four runs in the sixth, getting doubles by Phil Zeffiro and Mitch Bianco along with a two-run triple by Wastchak.
It was the season-opening game for Strothers.
• Justin Wiltrout went 2-for-3 and drove in three runs to lead Bentworth to a 6-0 victory over West Greene in a non-section game. Adam Bell was winning pitcher after recording three strikeouts in two innings. He also doubled.
Bentworth scored single runs in the first and third innings, then tacked on two apiece in the fifth and sixth.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter