Sports journalist headlines panel
Sports journalist, talk show host and TV personality Stephen A. Smith, a regular on ESPN’s “First Take,” will headline the keynote panel at California University of Pennsylvania’s eighth annual Hip-Hop Conference.
Smith and his fellow panelists will discuss “Sport, Hip-Hop and Race” at 4 p.m. April 12 in the Cal U. Convocation Center. A question-and-answer session will follow, with special commentator Roger Kingdom, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and the track coach at Cal U.
The presentation will close with an impersonation contest. A prize will be awarded to the student who performs the best Stephen A. Smith impersonation.
Smith has held a permanent seat on the “First Take” Embrace Debate segment since spring 2012.
In addition, he hosts the Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco Show on ESPN Radio New York, and he is a featured columnist for ESPNNY.com.
Previously, Smith worked as a sportswriter for the New York Daily News, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Winston-Salem Journal and other newspapers. His career in radio includes serving as a morning-show host on Fox Sports Radio and ESPN Radio in New York and Los Angeles.
For more information about the conference, visit www.calu.edu.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union