Eighty Four man dies in Mt. Lebanon crash
Tyler Lee “Ty” Smithyman, 23, died early Saturday morning after his vehicle veered off the road in Mt. Lebanon and struck a utility pole and tree.
According to Allegheny County forensic investigator Edward Carnegie, Smithyman’s vehicle crashed near 1351 Washington Road. Carnegie said the man’s death was caused by injuries sustained in the crash. His death was ruled an accident.
Smithyman was a native of Eighty Four and graduated from Ringgold High School before studying at Robert Morris University. His funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday in St. Francis of Assisi Church in Finleyville. David J. Henney Funeral Home in Library is handling arrangements.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter