How the Dow Jones industrial average fared Friday
Stocks closed higher on Wall Street on Friday after investors were encouraged by strong corporate earnings. Investors also took advantage of a slump Thursday to add to their holdings.The Dow Jones industrial average rose 90.54 points, or 0.6 percent, to 14,512.03.The Standard & Poor's 500 index closed up 11.09, or 0.7 percent, at 1,556.89.The Nasdaq composite average closed up 22.40, or 0.7 percent, at 3,245.For the week:The Dow is down 2.08 points, or 0.01 percent.The S&P 500 is down 3.81, or 0.2 percent.The Nasdaq is down 4.07, or 0.1 percent.For the year:The Dow is up 1,407.89 points, or 10.7 percent.The S&P 500 is up 130.70, or 9.2 percent.The Nasdaq is up 225.49, or 7.5 percent.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Pitt expresses interest in Ringgold´s Law
- 4News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union