Amateur astonomers to meet
The Amateur Astronomers Association of Pittsburgh will meet at 8 p.m. April 12 in the Bayer Science Auditorium of the Carnegie Science Center.
Featured speaker will be Mark Kochte, payload operations specialist for the Mercury Atmospheric and Surface Composition Spectrometer instrument on the Messenger spacecraft. During the past four years, Kochte has recorded several million spectra designed to probe both the exosphere around Mercury and determine the elements that make up the surface of the planet.
Kochte’s presentation is titled “For the World Has Hollows, and I Have Touched the Ice – the Greatest, Latest Messenger Findings on Mercury.”
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Glenn leads Vulcans past Edinboro | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union