Koscheck loses on TKO at UFC 157
Robbie Lawlor defeated Waynesburg native Josh Koscheck by TKO in the first round of a welterweight mixed martial arts fight on the undercard of the UFC 157 pay-per-view Saturday night in Anaheim, Calif.
Koscheck scored an early takedown but Lawlor worked his way out of trouble and scrambled back to his feet. While held against the fence, Lawlor landed a knee that dropped Koscheck to his hands and knees. Lawlor then landed a solid right hand followed by a flurry of punches that led to referee Herb Dean stopping the fight at 3:57.
Koscheck immediately protested the stoppage, but to no avail.
The loss dropped Koscheck’s record to 17-8. He has lost two in a row.
Lawlor, from Granite City, Ill., is 21-9.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5Humane society expresses gratitude for benevolence | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union