Glad Lottery privatization stopped
I’m so glad Gov.Tom Corbett was stopped by Attorney General Kathleen Kane in his efforts to privatize the Pennsylvania Lottery.
There are only three states that have their lottery run by a corporation in another country. Last year, the Pennsylvania Lottery had its best year. Did Corbett ever hear the saying, “You don’t fix what’s not broken.” Maybe Corbett has never heard the saying “Buy American.”
Why should London make money off Pennsylvania? I’m sure the majority of people in Pennsylvania feel that our lottery is doing good, and if it is changed, there would be a lot of people losing their jobs. I’d rather it make less money than have some of the money go to another country.
Rose Marie Marchwinski
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union