Last soup sale day coming up
The last soup sale day for the season will be held March 2 at the Bobtown United Methodist Church.
This season’s soup sale days have featured nine different soups and baked goods made available the first Saturday of each month. Each quart of soup is accompanied by a small loaf of bread. The sales run from October through March.
The sales enable many maintenance projects to be completed at the church.
The next church project will be the hoagie sale in May and then the all-town yard sale in July. The community benefits from these projects with donations to the local fire company, humane society, food pantry, gifts for shut-ins program, Christmas gifts and other activities. Rummage sales will be in May and October and Election Day luncheons in May and November.
Sunday school is held at the church each Sunday at 8:45 a.m. followed by worship service at 10 a.m. Special services are held for Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, with the carrying of the cross through town by members of the community, and sunrise service on Easter followed by a breakfast.
Luncheons are served on Mother’s Day and Father’s day. The church also observes the hanging of the Greens for the Advent season and has introduced a Remembrance Tree for all those who participate during the holiday season.
Other special events also are held, as needed, throughout the year.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union