First U.M hosts ‘Fourth Wednesday’
First United Methodist Church, East Beau and North College streets, Washington, will host a “Fourth Wednesday” program, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27 in the chapel.
As part of the program, participants are welcome to eat dinner from 5:15 to 6:30 at the church. Dinner is free, but donations to offset the cost are appreciated. Child care will be provided.
The family-friendly series addresses issues faced today by children, youth and young adults.
On Wednesday, Michael J. Lucas, first assistant district attorney in Washington County, will facilitate a discussion about “Alcohol Use and Abuse – Consequences and Liability.
Future topics include “Cyber Safety – Texting, Sexting and Bullying” and “Experimenting with Drugs – Cultural Risks.”
For more information, call the church at 724-222-2520.
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Observer-Reporter High School Football
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union