Police investigate human skull found in OH woods
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) – Authorities are continuing to investigate a human skull found in a wooded area of northeast Ohio.
The Youngstown Vindicator reports that a homeowner in Youngstown called police after his dog discovered the skull in the woods on Saturday.
Youngstown police said other bones were found, but it was not immediately known if they are human. The Mahoning County coroner’s office also is investigating.
Authorities said no new information was available Sunday.
Police say it is likely the skull will yield DNA that could be compared to missing persons.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5McGuffey advances to Class AA semifinals | Observer-Reporter