All-county chorus will rock you
Vocalists from all five Greene County school districts will take the stage at 7 p.m. Friday in the Waynesburg Central High School auditorium to present the annual Greene County Chorus Concert.
For more than 25 years, the concert has brought to the stage a select group of vocalists in ninth through 12th grade from across the county. These students receive collective rehearsal time of just a few hours over two days to put it all together. This year’s ensemble consists of 85 students who auditioned for a seat.
Breaking tradition, tonight’s concert will not have a guest conductor from outside of the area. Instead, the performers will be directed by the musical directors from Waynesburg Central, Carmichaels Area, West Greene, Mapletown High School and Jefferson-Morgan high schools.
The directors collectively selected the musical numbers the students will perform. Among them will be “Because I Knew You,” made popular by the Broadway production of “Wicked,” a medley of hits made popular by the rock bank Queen, and a variety of folk tunes.
TCost is $3 per person.
- 1Two injured in Amwell Township crash | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3First-ever humanities festival coming to Pittsburgh | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Rachel Shoaf gets 30 years for murder of Skylar Neese | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union