New-look Pirates add to roster, sign veteran Inge
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) – The Pittsburgh Pirates have signed infielder Brandon Inge.
Inge, who played catcher, infield and outfield for the Detroit Tigers, agreed to a minor league contract Wednesday and received in invitation to spring training.
Inge, 35, was released by Detroit after just nine games last season, and was signed by Oakland. He hit .226 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 74 games for the Athletics, as they advanced to the postseason.
Originally selected by Detroit in the second round of the 1998 draft, Inge made his debut with the Tigers in 2001, and was an American League All-Star in 2009. Inge has a .234 career average, with 151 home runs, 641 RBI and 1,147 hits.
The Pirates now have 61 players in major league camp.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union