Postal Service driver charged with stealing mail
A contract driver for the U.S. Postal Service who lives in South Franklin Township has been indicted by a federal grand jury for theft of mail.
The one-count indictment, returned on Tuesday, names John Marianov, 57, of Cove Road, as the sole defendant.
According to the indictment presented to the court, while Marianov was working as a highway route contract driver from May through December he stole greeting cards and letters containing cash, checks, money orders, gift cards and opera tickets from mail that was routed
through the Washington post office. The total value of the stolen items was over $4,000.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte