Police: Larry Bird’s son tried to run over woman
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) – Basketball great Larry Bird’s son has been arrested after police say he tried to run over his ex-girlfriend with a car.
Twenty-one-year-old Conner Anthony Bird faces preliminary charges including intimidation with a deadly weapon, battery with injury and possession of marijuana.
Indiana University police arrested Bird on Sunday morning. They say his ex-girlfriend told an officer that Bird threw a cellphone at her and drove his car at her during an argument. A police report says IU police arrested Bird after tracking down his vehicle.
Bird is a student at IU’s Bloomington campus. A Monroe County jail officer said Tuesday that Bird was no longer in custody.
Bird’s attorney didn’t return a phone call seeking comment. Bird is the son of NBA great Larry Bird, an Indiana native.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union