WVU, OSU partner on shale energy research
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Ohio State University and West Virginia University are creating a partnership aimed at developing Appalachia’s shale energy industry.
The schools say they’ve signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a joint program on shale energy research.
The research will look at issues related to shale development, including the economic implications of natural gas and other hydrocarbons. They’ll also study the possible impacts on the environment, local communities and public health.
Officials say the schools will exchange information and jointly explore funding of shale energy and related environmental studies, including the possibility of developing shale energy field laboratories.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Claysville home gutted by fire; three dogs perish | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union