Mylan names 2 to board
CANONSBURG (AP) — Mylan Inc. said Monday that it has added two new members to its board of directors, expanding it to 13 members.
The pharmaceutical company’s board appointed Melina Higgins, a former partner at Goldman, Sachs & Co., and Rajiv Malik, Mylan’s president, to the board.
Higgins joined Goldman Sachs in 1989 and retired in 2010 after serving as a partner and in various leadership roles.
Malik has held important leadership positions at Mylan since January 2007, when the company acquired a controlling stake in Matrix Laboratories Ltd., now Mylan Laboratories Ltd. Malik was the CEO of the active pharmaceutical ingredients supplier.
Mylan Executive Chairman Robert J. Coury said the appointments deliver on the company’s objective of strengthening Mylan at all levels.
Mylan markets the EpiPen, an epinephrine auto-injector for treating severe allergic reactions. Pfizer Inc. makes EpiPen, and Mylan markets it in the U.S. Mylan also makes generic and specialty prescription drugs.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union