Mylan names 2 to board
CANONSBURG (AP) — Mylan Inc. said Monday that it has added two new members to its board of directors, expanding it to 13 members.
The pharmaceutical company’s board appointed Melina Higgins, a former partner at Goldman, Sachs & Co., and Rajiv Malik, Mylan’s president, to the board.
Higgins joined Goldman Sachs in 1989 and retired in 2010 after serving as a partner and in various leadership roles.
Malik has held important leadership positions at Mylan since January 2007, when the company acquired a controlling stake in Matrix Laboratories Ltd., now Mylan Laboratories Ltd. Malik was the CEO of the active pharmaceutical ingredients supplier.
Mylan Executive Chairman Robert J. Coury said the appointments deliver on the company’s objective of strengthening Mylan at all levels.
Mylan markets the EpiPen, an epinephrine auto-injector for treating severe allergic reactions. Pfizer Inc. makes EpiPen, and Mylan markets it in the U.S. Mylan also makes generic and specialty prescription drugs.
- 1High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Claysville home gutted by fire; three dogs perish | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5McGuffey advances to Class AA semifinals | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union