Gunman robs gas station
South Strabane Township police are looking for a gunman who robbed the BP station on Racetrack Road.
Township police Detective Michael Schidlmeier said there were not any customers in the store about 3:10 a.m. when the robber entered, holding what appeared to be a black handgun. He pointed the gun at the clerk, asking for money and cigarettes. He left the store with about $100 and two cartons of Marlboro cigarettes.
The robber is described as white, in his 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 170 pounds. He was wearing a dark hooded shirt over a white shirt. He got into a white, older model van, which headed in the direction of Route 19. Police said the vehicle also could have gotten onto Interstate 79.
Anyone with information is asked to call township police at 724-225-8111.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Consol earnings top expectations | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union