Xavier sends Duquesne to 11th straight loss
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Semaj Christon and Isaiah Philmore each scored 16 points and Xavier beat Duquesne 73-65 Saturday night.
It was the 11th consecutive loss for Duquesne (0-9 Atlantic 10 Conference, 7-16 overall). The Musketeers are 6-3, 13-9.
Xavier, up 33-26 at halftime, got 15 points from Justin Martin and a double-double from Travis Taylor (13 points, 12 rebounds). The Musketeers never blew it open, not with Duquesne’s Quevyn Winters scoring 19 points.
Winters’ 8 for 20 shooting from the field included 3 of 12 3-pointers. Shooting beyond the arc killed Duquesne, which led 47-37 midway through the second half, then missed nine straight shots.
The Dukes were 9 of 33 on treys (27.3 percent). Jeremiah Jones (11 points) hit 3 of 5 3-pointers. Jerry Jones added 11 points.
Philmore, meanwhile, came off the Xavier bench for his 16 points. Justin Martin added 15 points. Christon also had eight assists and seven rebounds.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 5High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union