Robert Morris foils Wagner comeback 83-79 in OT
MOON TOWNSHIP (AP) – Lucky Jones and Russell Johnson scored 21 points apiece as Robert Morris defeated Wagner 83-79 in overtime Saturday night after losing a 20-point second-half lead.
Wagner never led at any point. The Colonials (9-3 Northeast Conference, 17-8 overall) shot 58.3 percent (14 of 24) while building a 42-27 halftime lead, scored five points in the first 9 seconds after halftime and still led 64-53 with 5:45 remaining.
Kenneth Ortiz and Latif Rivers, who each scored 22 points, led the Seahawks (7-5, 13-10). Rivers’ layup with 13 seconds left brought them within 72-71. After Jones hit 1 of 2 free throws, Ortiz’s layup with 6 seconds left forced overtime.
Two free throws by Jones and a layup by Johnson gave Robert Morris a 77-73 lead, and the Colonials hit all eight of their overtime free throws.
Robert Morris has won nine of its last 10 and clinched its eighth straight winning season.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union