University schedules first Chamber Works Concert
WAYNESBURG – The Waynesburg University Music Program and the Department of Fine Arts will offer its first chamber works concert of the semester at noon Feb. 21. The event will be held in the Marsh Center. Admission is free and the public is invited.
These noontime offerings from the music program provide a variety of musical styles presented by the Chamber Works small ensembles. These ensembles include woodwinds, brass, percussion, piano/strings, jazz combo, vocal jazz, beauty shop and barber shop quartets as well as vocal selections from members of the Lamplighters Choir.
“Student musicians will present a host of fine music composed for the ensemble of which they are a member,” said Ronda Depriest, chairman of the department of fine arts. “There will be several musical offerings that promise to excite and inspire your noon hour with beautiful sounds.”
The concert is expected to last one hour, and refreshments will be served.
For more information, call 724-852-3420.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Moninger - 107 years | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union