St. Francis takes down Robert Morris
MOON TOWNSHIP – Lucky Jones scored a career-high 20 points, making all 13 of his free throws, as Robert Morris defeated St. Francis (Pa.) 60-48 Wednesday night to sweep the season series.
Jones set a Charles L. Sewall Center record for most foul shots without a miss by a Colonials’ player and was 10 of 10 in the second half.
Robert Morris (16-8, 8-3 Northeast Conference), which has won eight of its last nine games, led 25-16 at halftime.
The Red Flash (2-20, 2-9), coming off a 64-61 win over St. Francis Brooklyn, got within four with 10:42 left, and were still within striking distance at 42-37 with 6:36 remaining. Russell Johnson then hit a jumper, Jones made two free throws and Karvel Anderson, who finished with 17 points, capped Robert Morris’ spurt with a jumper.
Umar Shannon’s 12 points led St. Francis (2-20, 2-9), which matched its lowest output of the season.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union