Scattered power outages reported after winds move through area
About 3,200 customers of West Penn Power are without electricity in Washington County after a line of storms carrying high winds moved through the area, causing scattered outages. Some trees were reported down on power lines when the brief storm moved through. About 1,300 of the customers are in Peters Township, where Peters Township High School and Pleasant Valley Elementary School are without power. A West Penn Power spokeswoman said a tree fell on a line. A crew is working to restore power. The Washington County Courthouse Square office building in Washington is also without power. Outages are also reported in part of downtown Washington, and in Independence, Hopewell and North Strabane townships.
- 1Economy slowed last quarter, but signs pointing up | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union