Cal’s Miles selected for all-star game
California University senior defensive back Rontez Miles has been selected to play in the Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game that will be played Saturday in Allen, Texas.
Miles is one of nine players from NCAA Division II programs selected to play for Team Nation. He is one of four safeties on the team, which is led by former Miami (Fla.) coach Howard Schnellenberger.
A four-year starter, Miles repeated as an American Football Coaches Association and D2Football.com first-team All-American in 2012. He set a career high, and tied for the team lead, with 75 tackles (43 solo) this past season and had a team-high four interceptions.
The two-time PSAC West Division Defensive Player of the Year finished his career ranked fifth in Cal history with 257 tackles (156 solo), the most ever by a defensive back.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 33 openings on Pa. high court stir interest in endorsements | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local United Way in dire financial straits | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union