Police: Woman illegally purchased gun for killer
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pa. (AP) – Authorities say a woman illegally purchased the gun that her boyfriend used to fatally shoot three people on a rural road in central Pennsylvania.
Fifty-two-year-old Brenda Shultz of Hollidaysburg was charged Friday with making false statements.
Police say Shultz bought a gun for Jeffrey Lee Michael in January 2011. Michael’s ex-wife had previously obtained a restraining order against him.
Michael later fatally shot three people near Geeseytown on Dec. 21 before being killed by police. His motive remains unclear, but friends have said Michael was fascinated with the apocalypse.
Shultz’s attorney, Lucas Kelleher, said Friday that Shultz bought the gun for herself. He says the restraining order was no longer in effect.
A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Pitt expresses interest in Ringgold´s Law
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union