Almagro out of Spain's Davis Cup with Canada
Nicolas Almagro has withdrawn from Spain's Davis Cup first-round tie against Canada because of an injury.The Spanish tennis federation said Saturday that Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, ranked 85th, will take Almagro's place in his debut for Spain's national team.Media reports said Almagro, who reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, has a leg injury.Garcia-Lopez joins fellow newcomer Albert Ramos and doubles team Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez for the series in Vancouver on Feb. 1-3.This means the five-time champions will be without their top three players, with Rafael Nadal injured and David Ferrer sitting out the round.With Nadal out, Ferrer led Spain to last year's final and lost to the Czech Republic.Canada will be led by 15th-ranked Milos Raonic.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Even convicted killers have freedom of speech | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union