Police follow fluid trail in Canonsburg wreck
At midday, crews were still replacing a utility pole hit by a driver in an overnight crash in Canonsburg.
Police say Collin Westcott, 30, of 19 E. Grant St., Houston, struck the utility pole and several business signs along Pike Street, near Belmont Avenue, and left the scene about 3:40 a.m. Officers said they followed a trail of leaking automotive fluid and found Westcott at his home.
Police said Westcott, who will be charged with driving under the influence, had a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union