Gun rights supporters rally
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Scores of protesters have rallied at Pennsylvania’s state Capitol in support of gun rights and to protest proposals for gun control.
WHTM-TV (http://bit.ly/Sje1ak ) says Saturday afternoon’s event was part of a nationwide movement called Guns Across America.
Those taking part flooded the Capitol steps, many of them carrying signs and American flags.
Participants told the station that they favor the universal background checks advocated by the president but not other proposals.
The rallies, primarily organized via social media, are being held days after President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping package of gun-control proposals.
- 1Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 4Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union