Suspect in murder of girlfriend kills self
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police say a man shot himself to death to end an early morning standoff at an apartment building after police determined he fatally shot his girlfriend at her home in another location.
Police have yet to release the suspect’s name, though Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki says the man “did implicate himself” in the murder of 33-year-old Ka’Sandra Wade. She was found dead about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday after relatives asked police to check on her.
Once police identified a suspect in that shooting, they surrounded the building where he lived in a basement apartment about midnight. A SWAT team and negotiators also responded and a robot equipped with a camera was sent into the apartment enabling police to see the man had shot himself. That was confirmed about 4:30 a.m.
Other residents were kept warm in a transit bus during the standoff.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter