Fire destroys vacant house in Washington
The state police fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that broke out about 4 a.m. Friday and destroyed an abandoned house at 456 Broad St., Washington.
City fire Chief Linn Brookman said firefighters arrived three minutes after a neighbor called 911, but the blaze was raging at that point. Gas service to the house had been shut off, but electrical power was still on.
Brookman called the fire suspicious. He said firefighters were at the site for four hours, and there were no injuries.
- 1Reliving memories of Basle Theater | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Two men arrested in Charleroi assault, robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union