Fire destroys house on Broad Street
The state police fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that broke out at about 4 this morning and destroyed an abandoned house at 456 Broad St., Washington.
City fire Chief Linn Brookman said firefighters arrived three minutes after a neighbor called 911, but the blaze was raging at that point. Gas service to the house had been shut off, but electrical power was still on.
Brookman called the fire “suspicious.” He said firefighters were at the site for four hours, and there were no injuries.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Games of chance reporting deadline extended | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union