Donora man charged in dog attack on 11-year-old boy
Nicholas J. Fincik, 30, of 131 Thompson Ave., was charged by Donora police with endangering the welfare of children, giving false reports to police, tampering with evidence and criminal conspiracy for an Aug. 13 incident in which a child he was caring for at his residence was reportedly attacked by his dogs.
According to court documents, Fincik allowed “dangerous dogs” to move freely through the residence with the knowledge the dogs had attacked others previously. After the encounter, Fincik allegedly failed to get the 11-year-old boy immediate medical treatment but eventually drove the child to Mon Valley Hospital. Fincik told police stray dogs attacked the boy in an alley behind his garage.
Fincik was arraigned by District Judge Mark Wilson Friday and placed in the county jail on $300,000 bond.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union