Charges dismissed in shooting of 12-year-old
UNIONTOWN (AP) — A Southwestern Pennsylvania man accused of shooting his 12-year-old brother had the charges against him dismissed after the boy refused to testify against him.
Charges against 19-year-old David Brooks including aggravated assault and reckless endangerment were dismissed at a preliminary hearing Tuesday before a Fayette County magistrate.
Uniontown police say Brooks told them he accidentally shot his brother, Timothy, in the hand and abdomen as he removed the gun from his pocket in September. Investigators say the older brother then threw the gun into a creek.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Reliving memories of Basle Theater | Observer-Reporter
- 3C-M wrestling brothers not mentioned | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Rachel Shoaf gets 30 years for murder of Skylar Neese | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union