Charges dismissed in shooting of 12-year-old
UNIONTOWN (AP) — A Southwestern Pennsylvania man accused of shooting his 12-year-old brother had the charges against him dismissed after the boy refused to testify against him.
Charges against 19-year-old David Brooks including aggravated assault and reckless endangerment were dismissed at a preliminary hearing Tuesday before a Fayette County magistrate.
Uniontown police say Brooks told them he accidentally shot his brother, Timothy, in the hand and abdomen as he removed the gun from his pocket in September. Investigators say the older brother then threw the gun into a creek.
- 1Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union