Update: Pedestrian hit by three vehicles dies
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police say a woman has died after being struck by three vehicles, including a box truck which left the scene.
Police haven’t released the woman’s name and say it’s possible the truck driver didn’t realize he had run over the woman about 7 a.m. Tuesday.
The incident happened in the Strip District, a section of the city dominated by vegetable and fresh food wholesalers, where freight trucks unload overnight and into the morning.
Police say the woman was hit by a vehicle whose driver remained at the scene before she was also run over by the box truck which drove away. The driver of a third vehicle tried to stop before hitting the woman but, instead, wound up pinning her to the ground. Police say that driver also stopped at the scene.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union