Man arraigned in Monongahela rape case
Monongahela police on Friday charged a man with rape and a host of sexual assault counts, as well as unlawful restraint and false imprisonment.
John D. Yocolano II, 31, was arraigned before District Judge Ethan Ward early Friday.
The alleged victim, whom police identified as Yocolano’s ex-girlfriend, reported that Yocolano punched her in the face before dragging her into his home at 426 1/2 Second St. in the city Thursday night.
She told police he choked her, tied her wrists and ankles with a cable cord and raped her three times, forcing her to shower afterward.
Police did not detail the time that the attack allegedly occurred but said the woman reported it at the police station at 3 a.m. Officers said she had wet hair, seemed shaken and had red marks on her face and other marks on her wrists, ankles and neck.
District Judge Ethan Ward arraigned Yocolano, set his bond at $100,000 and set a preliminary hearing for Dec. 12 in Central Court. Yocolano was being held in the Washington County jail. He faces charges of rape, aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, sexual assault, unlawful restraint, simple assault, false imprisonment and harassment.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter